|Phase One - Assessment:
Phase Two - Workshop Planning
- Pre-Visit Questionnaire
- On-Site Analysis
- Off-Site Assessment and Report Preparation:
- Identify the opportunities, the priority and sequence of Kaizen Blitz event(s), and provide an approximate cost/savings analysis.
- Plan the phased communication of the Blitz process and objectives to the rest of the plant.
- Presentation of Findings and Recommendations:
- Review the assessment report with your company, within 14 days of the on-site visit.
A detailed workshop plan is developed. It:
Phase Three - Implementation
- Details the objectives and boundaries of the Blitz;
- Identifies team members from within the process area and internal and external customers and suppliers;
- Identifies support resource requirements;
- Finalizes the preparation of meeting rooms, A-V requirements, supplies, etc.
The "Kaizen Blitz" workshop is based on "rapid cycles" or "bursts" of education and training, followed by immediate application of the concepts learned, and includes:
- Sessions of awareness training to promote a change of thinking;
- Analysis and documentation of the current process;
- Learning and testing of "new" approaches;
- Development of a new vision for the work area;
- Rapid implementation;
- The measurement of results.
Phase Four - Follow-Up
Follow-up is crucial to maintaining the workshop's gains, and in the perpetuation of an environment for team-based improvements. Some changes are complex and will require effort beyond the Blitz period, HPM provides one follow-up visit approximately 20 days after the Blitz.
Interested in learning more? E-Mail